Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yogurt Me Crazy

Manila has began looking from coffee central to yogurt town. Yogurt shops are sprouting just about everywhere; and it's like wherever I go, there's bound to be one or two yogurt place located in the area. I don't really like to compare it with coffee shops, but there's no denying that yogurt has driven almost everybody crazy these days! I was beginning to wonder what all the fuss is about, and that's when I decided to try it out and see for myself.

Yogurt With Kit Kat At White Hat
My first stop is The White Hat (located at Alabang Town Center). I found out (by snooping around) that White Hat is actually an authentic Italian Yogurt. white Hat is by far amongst the most popular yogurt shop in the country with almost 1 branch in every mall you can find in Manila. Their Yogurt has this tangy flavor with the perfect amount of sweetness- not too sweet and not too sour. There are many toppings to choose from to go with your cup of yogurt. There's cheesecake, fruity pebbles, cereals, oreos, strawberries, choco drops, and even Kit Kat! Almost as soon as I looked down to choose from the selection of toppings, the Kit Kat called my name. To make the long story short, I chose Kit Kat as my topping to my first ever cup of yogurt from White Hat and  my first bite- heaven! 
* Froyo Medium Size P85 ($1.75) Large Size P115 ($2.50) +1 topping P15 ($0.3) +2 toppings ($0.75) +3 toppings P45 ($1)
California Berry With M&Ms and Fruits

My  next stop is California Berry- another famous and well known yogurt shop here in the Philippines. Just like The White Hat, you can find their store in just about any mall you go in the metro. California Berry boasts a wide variety of toppings to choose from too and their yogurt tastes just fine. Unlike White Hat, California Berry hails from the United States (duh- as if "California" is not a give-away yet). They use non-fat yogurt with a sweet and tangy flavor that just bursts in your mouth with every bite. I liked the multi-colored M&Ms and fruit so I chose that and I really thought that it was good- perfect combination.
* Medium Sized Froyo P80 ($1.75) P15($0.3) 1 topping P25($0.5) 2 toppings P45($1) 3 toppings




Yogi Berry Frozen Yogurt
My last but definitely not the least stop over is this small but really nice looking yogurt shop I found at Greenhills shopping center. It's called Yogi Berry (awww... how kewt).Unlike the previous two shops I went to, Yogi Berry sells his yogurt per ounce (P15/oz including toppings). They have 4 flavors and they mix them depending on the customer's preference (blueberry, chocolate, taro [???] and vanilla). The place is self-service so don't expect the staff to carry your tray anywhere. The yogurt they have here is quite sweet which is a refreshing change from the sweet and tangy flavor normal yogurts have. The toppings are quite the same as the ones you can find at White Hat & California Berry so that's fair enough. The only thing I didn't like with Yogi Berry is that their shop is not as pretty or as appealing as the others. Nevertheless, their yogurt is good enough.  

I was meaning to make Tutti Frutti as my last stop for the day, but all these yogurt eating is making me sick. Yogurts are great desert alright. They're good replacement for your normal everyday ice cream. I highly recommend that you try one today- just don't overdo it like I did. Too much yogurt makes me want belch out; just about now. I guess it will be a while before I start eating yogurt again...

No comments:

Post a Comment