Friday, December 3, 2010

What's Your Starbucks Pose?

I find it so amusing how some people would go so far just to have a picture on Facebook that say's they're sosyal. It's like whenever I go to Starbucks, there would always be one or two people taking pictures with their camera phones or with their digital cameras. At first, I thought they were just taking pictures of themselves- but then when I turned around and looked; they're actually taking pictures of themselves WITH  their "very expensive" Starbucks coffee on hand! 

It's really funny- since I also saw some people post these pictures as their profile pic on Facebook. You don't believe me? Try looking at these pictures on for size:

People Caught With Their Starbucks Pose

So what is a typical Starbucks pose?  First, you take your camera and zoom the lens right in your face. You take your Starbucks coffee/frap and put it beside your cheeks (you may also try the pose of sipping your frap while you're doing this- or probably a kinda-stolen shot). Make sure that the Starbucks logo can be seen when the picture is taken otherwise this defeats the purpose of having a Starbucks pose. Then you tilt your head or show your best angle and... voila! You just had a Starbucks pose!

I find this to be very funny since nobody on the Upper East Side ever does this. Have you ever seen Serena or Blair take a picture with their coffee on hand? It's absolutely ridiculous!

People must think that once you hang out at Starbucks that already makes you part of the "in" crowd. Listen up people- hanging out and drinking coffee at Starbucks does not make you SOSYAL! It doesn't matter whether you buy all the coffees on the menu or you take a picture of yourself with every Starbucks flavor you can imagine-  it doesn't make you sosyal! What's irritating about this is that with this kind of behavior, more and more people go to Starbucks just to have that authentic Starbucks pose! Left and right, I can almost see ever flash and click of their cameras go off- it's absolutely pathetic!

People go to Starbucks to drink coffee- not to take pictures. That's the idea. So if you're guilty of this; go take your camera somewhere else where you can't bother people who are genuinely trying to enjoy their coffee in peace!

The next time I go to Starbucks, never let me catch you taking that Starbucks pose. And if at any point of this entry have you ever thought of asking me if I already have a Starbucks pose... No way! Over my dead body!

No comments:

Post a Comment