Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Never Say Sorry (Unless You Mean It)

Nobody is perfect- and neither am I. Though I try to be, but let's admit it, were not. 

New Year is fast approaching and as 2011 comes, I've been reminded of the many mistakes I did this year... the people that I hurted... and the schemes that I've done. Its quite easy to reminisce about all these specially since most of them are pretty much fresh in my mind. But if you're thinking if I have any regrets about them... well... to be honest I had none. 

Being Chuck Bass is who I am. This means doing things that I should never regret later on, no matter how bad they are. I don't look back and I just keep looking forward. I am never sorry for anything that I did in the past; why should I be? I did it because I have a reason to.

I was chatting with one of my oldest friends a couple of days ago. He asked me if I still have any communication with this other friend we have back when we were still consistently hanging out together. This other friend of mine had a little "falling-out" with me when he back stabbed me from my friends a couple of years ago. I never forgave him for what he did- mainly because he never did say sorry; but I did get even by destroying his reputation and making all of his friends turn their backs against him. To make a long story short, he was left with nobody and a few months after that, he tried to make amends with me only to be shut out and humiliated in front of his own friends. I don't give second chances; and I don't deal fairly with traitors. So anyway, my friend said this guy is back in town and he was asking  my friend if we could hang out again and talk. I told my friend flatly "no". If he knows what's best for him, he'd better stay away from me- not unless he wants to have another dose of my classic Chuck Bass humiliation scheme.

You might be thinking that I'm such a heartless @$$, after all, this incident happened years ago. Shouldn't I be moving forward and just simply forget about it? No. Not that I owe anybody an explanation, but for me- saying sorry is just as the same level as saying I love you... I don't say it unless I mean it. When I'm ready to forgive then I'll give him the opportunity to apologize. Until then, he'll have to do with my cold shoulder and reckless wrath. He can't blame me for that- he did started it and I was just finishing what he started.

Forgiving and forgetting is not that easy- specially with people who you know wants to take you down. Being who I am, I know a lot of people who'd want to see me destroyed. But that's just too bad. I'm smarter than they are and I'm better than what they can do. They can't take me down that easily and normally, if they ever try to, they always end up as collateral damage. That's what happens when you cross me. Now you know why nobody almost dared to do so. It's just one of the facts that makes me Chuck Bass.

Before this year ends, I know I have a lot of opportunities to apologize with all the really bad things I've done. The only question is, am I actually sorry for doing those? I'm afraid that my answer to that is a big no. I have my reasons for doing what I did and unless somebody can tell me why I should be sorry and convince me to do so then I stand by my decision to just let things be.

So before you write your new year's resolution this year and start forgiving people who has hurt you or doing it the other way around, think about this first: is the world gonna be a better place after all has been forgiven? If not, then I advise you to just let things be. Why bother on things that can't be helped? Life is never fair so why whine about it when you can actually do something with it? 

My Funny Caption

No comments:

Post a Comment