Thursday, December 16, 2010

Crustaceans Attack At Seaside

Dining out is one of my favorite pastimes. As a socialite, I get to spend lots of time dining out with friends, family and associates. Family dinners are always a big deal in our family because this is the only time that we can get together and do some catching up; away from our usual busy schedules. This is why my Uncle Joey's birthday tonight was one much anticipated event, and the celebration is an all out first class seafood dinner at the Seaside restaurant on King's Road (approximately 10mins away from our house). 

The King's Road Seaside Restaurants

My Uncle Joey Celebrating His Birthday
This is the second time my family had dinner here (for me it's my third because one of my friends- Fiona celebrated her birthday here with us a couple of months ago). Normally, if we wanted seafood, we'd go to the Bayside restaurants on Macapagal Road. The King's Road line of seafood restaurants and shops has just opened about a couple of months ago, and the place is almost similar to Bayside Macapagal- if not just a tad bit smaller.

You might be wondering what kind of seafood restaurant they are and why I am quite specific with their similarities; well these are what we call the "New Wave" in seafood dining. These restaurants are specifically situated with a big wet market of seafood outside. The idea here is that you but the seafood at the wet market, then you go to your choice of restaurant (Because there's like a lot of them circulating the area) and you have your selection cooked any way you want it. 

Butter Marinated Shrimp
Though there are rows and rows of restaurants in the area, each one is packed (most probably due to the holiday season). The restaurant we chose was called SiS and there was even a Christmas party being held right at the function room! So, we got like 3 kinds of seafood cooked and I love to call them the attack of the crustaceans-  the Butter Marinated Shrimp which is an all-time family favorite (large shrimps marinated in garlic and butter), the Steamed Oysters (really big oysters steamed and flavored to perfection) and the Garlic Butter Crab; another family favorite (giant crab sauteed in garlic and  marinated in butter).

Garlic & Butter Crab
The food was really tasty and soft on the palette. I personally loved the way they were marinated and buttered. One of my favorite cuisine is any food marinated in butter (I know, it comes with high-packed calories! The best things in life aren't always free- non fat free that is). I actually enjoyed my meal and forgot that I was on a diet. I can't help it; the food is really delicious! I had like 2 or 3 servings of each!

Enjoying My Buttered Shrimp
To burn off the calories, I opted to take a walk outside to visit the different stalls and thrift shops in the area. I don't normally patronize the ukay-ukays and tiangges but when I saw the clothes and accessories they have on display, I couldn't help but to check it out. Almost the entire area was covered with restaurants, tiangges and- yes you guessed it, DVD stalls! There were a few toy shops, PX goods, and even a shoe shop for the ladies. I had a great time checking out all the items they have on display. I don't have plans of buying anything really (not because I don't shop at thrift shops but because most of the items they have are for the ladies). but my mom and my aunt were like in shopping heaven! If there's anything my aunt is good at- it's being a bargain and thrift store shopper. My uncle went to check out the DVDs and so, leaving my aunt and mom behind, I decided to check out the movies they have for sale. Unfortunately, nothing caught my eye. Still, it was good to just walk around and look at the really nice stuff they have.

My Family Enjoying The Attack Of The Crustaceans

The evening's festivity was a complete success. Good food, good conversation,  and a little bit of shopping. It was a perfect night for a family get together! I'm glad I took some time off from my busy social life to have dinner with them. It was time worth spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment