Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Joke's On Glee

Manny PaEverybody has been talking about Glee. Since it's 2nd season started and Charice Pempengco made it to the cast, everybody in the english and tagalog speaking world buzzes about it non-stop.

But I'm Chuck Bass and I'm not part of the distasteful bandwagon. To me Glee and Glee lovers are just part of the Hoi Polloi- and what do we do with the common people? We keep them out from exclusive invites!

Glee is nothing but a granola enjoying it's spur of the moment success. While many of you might disagree, let me remind you that nothing beats the original. Imitation is the highest form of flattery but in this case I wouldn't go too far as to say that the fruit hasn't fallen far from the tree. For obvious reasons, Glee is nothing more than a copycat of the once-successful and has-been Disney High School Musical. What fazes me though is that people buy into this stuff when it's all old news. New characters, same plot. How lame can you get?

Glee Is For Losers- Obviously
I must agree however, that Glee has chosen the right poster for it's pathetic attempt to popularity. The L-word has long been branded as a sign for LOSERS. In fact, what better way to describe the cast and characters in the series? Hardly anyone who's ever been in that show is hot.

Charice Pempengco
And while we're on the subject of being hot- the idea of Charice Pempengco being well talked about these days just simply frazzles me. While it's true that she has an amazing voice, it's too bad I couldn't say the same thing about her looks. Image goes a long long way in the entertainment industry. How she can continue to shine with a face like that for a long time simply baffles me. With looks like that and a name like Pempengco to boot- I wouldn't be surprised if people don't remember her 2 years from now. I'd say, she's another Manny Pacquiao trying to make a name for herself. Manny maybe successful but that sure didn't improve his looks and appearance- but then that's a different story and one I'll be coming up really soon.

The idea is, I could not see what all the fuss is about concerning Glee. I've watched a couple of it's episodes just to give a fair judgment and all I can see is a bunch of high school wannabes trying desperately hard to make a name in their school using their talent. If hierarchy has it, not a single one of them is worth the title for. Being queens and kings in high school is more than just a pretty face and a show of talents- there's money, social status and an attitude that goes along with it (I should know after dating Blair Waldorf and having Serena van der Woodsen as a step-sister). There's just no getting around that bend.

A lot of you may hate me for this but a good friend of mine did tell me once that this is my blog- and so I get write and post whatever I want. Now before you anticipate what's going to happen on the next episode of Glee, try asking yourself this first:  Are you going to continuously be part of a loser clique or are you willing to be one of us on top of the A-list?

Looks like the joke's on Glee...

No comments:

Post a Comment