Friday, December 24, 2010

Anticipating Christmas

December 24! Finally- Christmas Day is here (well, almost here). 



While Christmas trees glitter in every corner of New York, and almost every shop on 5th avenue is packed, we can always find cheer in this momentous holiday season. Fashion is ephemeral when you find yourself shopping at Saks, and Barney's and Bendels may not have reserved those pair of Manolos you've been eying on since September, nevertheless, Christmas season is always the time for cheer and joy.

While most people are busy finishing their Christmas shopping, or trying to prepare for their evening festivities, I, Chuck Bass am busy commemorating some childhood memories I had when I was a kid. I remember how Christmas would always be my favorite holiday! School's out and tons of Christmas parties and events to attend to (yes- even as a kid, I was already a party-goer). I can remember back then, days before Christmas eve sets in, my brother and I would peek underneath the tree just to see how big our gifts would be. We'd play guessing game on what those gifts were and since I always get the gift that I wished for, it's not difficult for me to guess what's inside my package.Then on the night of Christmas eve, my brother and I would rush to the Christmas tree at the strike of 12 so we can open our presents. This tradition has always been in our family every year until we grew up as adults and no more gifts can be found underneath the Christmas tree...

Nevertheless, I'm still excited every December. This year is no different, even if there are certain traditions that has changed over the years.

Today, my mom and I would be making Christmas salad while my dad prepares for our noche buena. This has always remained constant year in and year out. I'm looking forward to actual preparation of our Christmas feast because this gives me the same rush I always have whenever a big event is coming. 

At 5:30 PM, my family and I will be heading off to church to attend the Christmas eve service. I'm also looking forward to this because a lot of my friends are in church and this is the perfect opportunity for me to greet everyone a Merry Christmas. This is always the most cheerful part of the service. Best of all, going to church means dressing up- and I've already prepared what I'll be wearing for church tonight- another opportunity for me to graze an event with my latest fashion statements. 

I'm not quite sure what will happen after we attend church, but that's the best part of the evening- surprises will always come and I love surprises!

One thing for sure, my family and I will be spending our Christmas evening together. Normally my uncle and my aunt comes over on Christmas eve to celebrate with us, but this year they went off to celebrate in Baguio, the Christmas capital of the Philippines. So it looks like it's just gonna be me, may mom and dad and my brother this evening.

There may not be any 'rushing" to the tree tonight, or big heavy Christmas gifts under the tree. But one thing is certain, no matter how many gifts you receive, how many Christian Lacroix coats you get, or how many Burberry tops you wear, nothing beats spending Christmas with the ones you truly love!

Hmmm.... I wonder what gifts I'll be receiving tonight.... I can't wait to find out!




Merry Christmas Upper East Side!
XoXo
Chuck Bass

2 comments:

  1. nice blog entry you got here chuck.........
    its good to know that even though we grew up in a foreign country, our Filipino culture still outweighs the way these foreigners celebrate their Christmas......... I love spending time with my family here cause I feel the warmth, love and bond we established through the years :)

    MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Chuck and to your Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Buddy! Christmas here in Manila is the best. We celebrate it 3months long. In New York, it's barely a week long celebration! That's why I prefer to spend Christmas here than anywhere else.

    Merry Christmas to you too Buddy! :-)

    ReplyDelete