Sunday, December 5, 2010

Will You Take That Peace Sign Out Of My Face

Everybody loves to have their pictures taken. If there is one thing that Pinoys are quite common for- is that wherever there is a camera, they will just smile and pose! To hell with everyone else watching, a typical Pinoy loves the camera and will do everything to get their faces on every shot they can get. There's nothing really wrong with this- in fact, I have lots of friends who do this (I know, it's embarrassing). They'd even run all the way from one corner of the room to the other side where the pictures are being taken just to join the picture taking.

This entry is not about the flusters Pinoys commit when taking pictures. God knows I've tolerated enough discountenance when it comes to my friends who loves to pose where a camera is present. Today, I'm ranting about that annoying pose people make whenever they pose for their pictures- seriously WHAT'S WITH THE PEACE SIGN???

I'm A Freak- Peace!
It's like everywhere I go and almost every picture I see- on Facebook (yeah you guys know who you are I'm talking about), on the Internet, even at church where I go and people get their pictures taken with celebrities who goes to the same church, they all have that annoying peace pose sign! Again, my question is- what's with the sign?

Do people actually think this is cool? Does this somehow make their pictures better? What are they all thinking???

According to Wikipedia the peace sign (or the V sign) is a hand gesture used to represent victory during the Second World War. In protests in the USA against the Vietnam War in the 1960s and in subsequent anti-war protests it was adopted by the counterculture as a sign of peace.

If that's the case, then why are people still making that ridiculous peace sign? Are we still at war? Are we living during the World War II era? Frankly, I don't understand the fascination...

I'm Cute- Yeah Right; Like Cute As A Mouse!
The worst part of this is that this "disease" has already spread like wildfire all over the world. People left and right are quickly adapting to this moronic behavior. I mean, come on people- give me a break. There's absolutely no need to make this hand gesture when taking your pictures- it's senseless!

I know some of you may hate me for this and some may even ask What is it to you anyways? Well, let me tell you this- it makes me sick having to look at pictures where people do this all the time and when I'm in the shot- some people in the picture with me does this and it ruins the whole shot!

It's a free country- I know. And people can normally do whatever they want. But seriously, doesn't it make you feel like a freak having to do this every time your picture is taken?

I have this friend (yes, she's my friend but I'm seriously thinking of disowning her after this) who does the peace sign like in every picture she's in. Not to be such a bad ass, but she doesn't even look that pretty- so I really don't know what the whole peace sign is for. It sure doesn't make her look any better. Probably she doesn't know where to put her hands while the picture is being taken- well, let me give you a peace of advice K, if you don't know where to put your hands- try cutting it off so it wouldn't bother anybody else!

Starstruck- Pick Me- I Have The Peace Sign!

I know- Chuck Bass is being mean again. So what? Don't tell me it doesn't bother you half as much as it does me. And judging from the looks of it- even celebrities are doing it. It's simply repulsive! 

OMFG- Even Celebrities Are Doing It!
There are more than 1 way to actually have a good pose in your pictures. You can either slant one way just like Serena does, or you can pout the way Dan, Vanessa and Jenny does. You can also try smiling (which is normally what NORMAL people do in pictures anyway) the way Blair does it. It's cool and totally way better than displaying that V sign on everyone's faces.

The girl-power era is long gone. I worshiped the Spice Girls before and back then, this V sign is cool. It's year 2000- get with the program folks! That V sign is no longer cool and people who does that are seriously getting killed!

So the next time you're in front of the camera and ready to take your shot, do us all a favor and dump the V sign. Be natural- be normal. Don't look like an alien by flashing that sign all over the picture. Some of us have class and some of you don't; but that's no reason to ruin everybody's picture just because you're in it!
Say Veeee- "V"!


XoXo
Chuck Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment