Monday, December 20, 2010

My Rebuttal: The I Hate Glee Issue

I'm back- and sorry but I can't resist. Had to find a nice quiet place here at the Winter Fashion Show in Rockwell so I may give out my rebuttal for this issue that I've admittedly (and proudly) brought in the open. 

One of my BFFs sent me a text message regarding some comments about my "I Hate Glee" blog entry. He said that it's all over Facebook! Surely, I was dying to hear what other people have to say! While some liked my blog and others agree with my opinion, I was quite amused with one who read it and gave some comments about it. The comments are not necessarily nice but that's understandable. In fact, I've been expecting that from many Gleeks out there. What I find so amusing with this scenario (and why I singled it out) is because he's got some people backing him up and talking about it. Though I have to say, I appreciate your comments because I spent a whole hour just laughing about it; I couldn't resist writing a rebuttal.

So here's what he has to say. Don't worry- I omitted your name and the name of your "friends" to protect your identity. He posted this on his wall around 06:00 PM today.

"GLEE is GLEE. You can't argue with success. One of the reasons why I am posting this is not because someone actually doesn't like it (who cares anyway?) but because he actually said it should be put OFF THE AIR! Duh? And who does he think he is to even say we need to prove to him that it is really good? Truth is, what he said or what ...I said no longer matters. Besides, if GLEE really sucks, then why are there millions of people still glued on their TV screens and anticipating/watching every episode? Everyone is different and there's such a thing as PREFERENCE. Bottomline is: if you like one TV program, then patronize it and sell it without having to put something else down. Now if you choose to do it, then be ready to receive reactions, not necessarily on your blogsite but on Facebook where it matters a whole lot more. Let's just keep watching."

 
My Rebuttal: 
  • GLEE is GLEE. You can't argue with success.- I wasn't arguing with their success. I wrote specifically on my blog that it's the fascination I don't understand- not the success. Re read my blog again. I did mention that a lot of people are watching it didn't I? That's hardly arguing with success.   
 
  • but because he actually said it should be put OFF THE AIR! Duh? And who does he think he is to even say we need to prove to him that it is really good? - Again, let me remind you that this is MY BLOG. Anything I want to say here- no matter how nasty you may think it is; it's my PERSONAL OPINION. Let me tell you a little secret- The secret to not being personally affected; don't read it if you don't like what it says. I don't like Glee and  that's my  personal opinion. What, we're not allowed to have opinions now? Where did the freedom of expression go? Tsk tsk tsk...
 
  • Everyone is different and there's such a thing as PREFERENCE- No argument here.  Hating Glee is my preference. Are you saying that I can't express my view on this matter? This is my outlet to let off steam. It's my blog! If you have yours, then by all means do it. But please, don't try to insinuate what I should and should not write in my blog. I have the last say with what  goes in here- it's my space. 
 
  • Now if you choose to do it, then be ready to receive reactions, not necessarily on your blogsite but on Facebook where it matters a whole lot more.- I don't have a problem receiving reactions online on my blog spot or on Facebook. Although, let me say that my blog has reached farther than your Facebook account did. And with regards to reactions, I did say, try to prove me wrong didn't I? Read between the lines- that's a welcoming note. The reason  that I said that is so that everybody would know that reactions and comments are welcome. 
  • Let's just keep watching- Good. So that other people may see my point as well. Like many of you, I'm not the only one who hated Glee. I wouldn't be posting my insights regarding this if I was the only one who felt this way- then again even if I was, you knew I still would. However,  let me reiterate that I don't need anyone's help with defending this issue because my opinions are just as valid as yours and as everybody else. 
Now that we got that out in the open, I'd just like to answer some of the comments his friends gave regarding this issue. I'm also omitting their names to protect their identities: 
  • Lady Friend: take it off the air??? that's a bit extreme, isn't it?

  • MY REBUTTAL:  You bet it's extreme. But that's why I said "should". I didn't say Glee "will" be taken off the air- I said "should". This basically comprises of my opinion and some others. In fact, you should be thankful I didn't have the power or the connection (yet) to have it removed from broadcasting. If I did, Glee would (again, please take note of the word "would") never have seen the light of day after the 1st episode.
  • 5 hours ago ·


  • My Reader:  Exactly. And here's some other nasty comments among others. To quote,

    "It might also be because Charice Pempengco is in it - and I hate her. She thinks shes way better than everybody else just because she's a Filipino who made it big in the... U.S. Well think again, you're not that big a star yet Charice! You might want to do something with your face first before you call yourself a "big Star".

    * "The characters are ANNOYING and can't SING! Where did the producers get these people? GLEE has no talent."

    * "Charice's pieces are boring and totally a snooze. Never saw acting that bad!

    * "GLEE is nothing but a figment of your uncreative imaginations and an embarassing failure to local TV - like cheap teleseryes and telenovelas your maid, your drivers and all your helpers love to watch!"

    * And he called us "Gleetards" or Glee retards for the uninformed).

    Now tell me if these are something you guys could swallow and just take sitting down. You're actually not a bad person because you hate GLEE. You are a bad person because of your HARSH WORDS and DESPICABLE ATTITUDE. Rereact react kang nasabihan ka ng bad, then try reading your previous blog to find out why many people called you such...

    MY REBUTTAL:  
    - It sound's nasty alright but that's my opinion on Charice Pempengco. The air she puts on every interview she has ever had after being casted on Glee simply implies that all the air has gone into her head. If that wasn't a friendly advice I wouldn't know what it is. All I'm trying to say is that she's not a huge star yet so she better hold her horses down. In my opinion (it can get tiring have to repeat "in my opinion" over and over again...) she really doesn't look good nor does she sings well. That's "my opinion". Don't hold it against me. You like her, I don't. What's wrong with saying what I think?
    -I really find the characters annoying and talentless. What's wrong with that? I thought I was watching a TV series not people prancing around and singing! But seriously, read and re-read my blog dude! Talent does not just imply singing- it also connotes acting which is in "my opinion" the Glee cast suck!

    -Charice's pieces (like Reeses' Pieces- suddenly I'm hungry) are boring to me. That's my opinion. She's a "singer" not an actress. My suggestion was to let her take acting classes first. What's wrong with that? I am entitled to my own opinion right? I may not be an expert- but at least I have an opinion which I don't need someone else to reaffirm.

    -So what if I find Glee uncreative? I said in my blog it's a copy cat of High School Musical. If Glee was supposed to be creative, then it should have been different and totally unpredictable. Can you give me one (at least one) episode when they didn't sing a remake song? That would be unpredictable.
    -Gleetards is what many people who hate Glee call the Gleeks. It's all over the net. Wish  I was the one who made that up but sorry- I can't take credit for the one who really came up with it. If you hate being called a Gleetard, blame it on the person who started it over the net!

    - I may have harsh words but at least I wasn't afraid to air them out. Like I said, I'd rather have an opinion than not have one at all. I'm standing by what I believe in- and I don't need my friends to back me up on this issue. Posting your rebuttal on Facebook so others can see it means you need someone to agree with you. Posting my blog on Facebook means I have an opinion and I'm airing it out through my blog. There's a difference.

    - You may find me despicable but I did say on my blog I don't care. Everybody has opinions on someone. One thing I can say, I didn't pass judgment on you- unlike what your friends did. It would be easy to get a reaction from you because you know me (or atleast a part of me) , but your friends don't know me from Adam; yet they judged me. People who know me knows what to expect from me because I don't keep my opinions aside. You say I'm despicable, they say I'm just being honest. 

    - Re read my blog. I said many people called me bad but I WAS NEVER SORRY ABOUT IT. Read the gist- I'M PROUD OF IT. I'm standing to defend what I believe in- no matter what people say. 

    5 hours ago ·


  • His "Male" Friend: i so love GLEE...tigilan ako ng mga pretensiyosong tao. If you dont like it, then don't watch it. Keep your finger off Glee's channel. Hirap kasi, silip rin ng silip tapos magcocomment ng di maganda....hahahaha wawa naman.

    MY REBUTTAL:  The problem with people giving out unsolicited opinion is that they don't know what they are commenting about. I watched Glee so I can have a solid idea what it's all about- so I don't give out opinions based on opinions I formulated from thin air. I wasn't peeking- I was watching. My comments are based on all the episodes I watched- and darn straight I watched all of the episodes so I can give a full comprehensive review. I'm not the type of writer who judges the book without reading it first. Your friend should do the same.
    5 hours ago ·


  • Lady Friend: share mo naman ung blog niya KM... pero seriously, this person has issues. :P
    MY REBUTTAL: Thank you for taking time to view and read my blog. You're right, I have issues- and that's what my blog is for.


    5 hours ago ·


  • My Reader: He has. I'll pm you the links...
    MY REBUTTAL: Thank you for promoting my blog. Finally- some truth in advertising!

    5 hours ago ·


  • Lady Friend: It bothered me... but towards the middle of his blog, I figured that this person does not know what he's talking about...He's just pretending to be a classy and intellectual individual. Plus, I think his exposure to the shows he had mentioned (Beverly Hills, Melrose Place) is obviously where he got his nastiness to begin with! :P
    MY REBUTTAL:  Thanks for your concern. You were actually bothered with what I had to say? Thought you guys didn't care (hence, One of the reasons why I am posting this is not because someone actually doesn't like it (who cares anyway?) and Truth is, what he said or what ...I said no longer matters.) Thanks for the pre-judgment as well. You don't actually know me but you had the guts to say that I'm just pretending. Hmmm.... Oh and by the way, that's Beverly Hills 90210 not just Beverly Hills. Don't get the location mixed up with the TV show or people might get the wrong idea. LOLs. And you're wrong- eeeeenggg! That's not where I got my nastiness from. LOLs. But thank you for saying exactly what you thought of me. I was hoping for more crude comments but the least I could honestly say was that I wasn't disappointed with your replies. Not a formidable match but I recognize the effort.


    4 hours ago ·


  • My Reader: Damn right. This I should say is a fair assessment from someone who's neutral and doesn't stand to gain anything from it.
     MY REBUTTAL: Wow, so now I have an agenda? :-) What could I possibly gain from writing in my blog? Fame? Fortune? I wasn't even being paid to do that! I had nothing to gain but to air out my opinion on "My Blog". My blog. It's-my-blog! Hence it's called a blog- online journal. Hehehehehe! Whatever I had to say is okay because it's my blog. :-)
    By the way, how can you say she's neutral? Her info on Facebook says she likes Glee and she's your friend obviously, she'd come to you and Glee's defence- where's the neutral ground in that?


    3 hours ago ·


    Here's an idea- I wrote down a simple and small rebuttal on Facebook (so these people may see it) at 05:45 PM- just 15mins before they actually started going on hysteria. I said:
    "Thanks for all those who commented (wow, it took me this much just make you guys read my blog hehehehe!) negative or positive I greatly appreciate your insights regarding this issue I just opened up. For those who were offended, sorry but this is my blog which basically means that I have the freedom to write whatever I want. If you didn't like what I just posted then don't read it. There is a matter called CHOICE and I just chose to air out my own views and opinions in public because I'm not afraid of people judging me. More topics to come within the next few days. Thanks everyone!"

    Pretty much that's a short and simple rebuttal concerning what I've posted and the reason why. If these people would have taken some time to read it before everything else then they would have spared themselves the waste of time reacting and pulling their hair off just to defend Glee's honor. But honestly, I'm glad that they did. Reading their comments and on how "angry" they are for me sharing my opinion on my personal space has made me laugh all throughout the evening. With readers and followers like this- who needs enemies? Hahahahahaha!

    Now before I get nasty again and have a throng of people up my #%&, let me just get to the point in all of this:  There is a matter called CHOICE and I just chose to air out my own views and opinions in public because I'm not afraid of saying what I think This blog is my personal space. Again, if you don't like it you don't have to read it. It's a free country. No one is forcing you to read it. If you are bothered this much- then go create your own blog. My point is; it's my blog and I can write anything I want. I wasn't affected in a negative way with your comments (puhleeez). In fact (I had to repeat it again) I welcome and I thank all comments (check out the space provided at the bottom of my entry- that's where comments actually go). If I didn't want any comments, then I would have clicked on the option to remove it when my blog was created. My blog has reached areas farther than Facebook has- and this goes to all blogs posted on the net. Horray to all bloggers! I am not afraid to post it on Facebook that's why I posted the link- and this is because I know people understand that blogs are personal spaces.

    I'm saving the best for last- and please, hear me out on this. Have you ever thought about what you just said? Were you that affected to actually get people to back you up? I'm not afraid of people saying things about me but are you- that you'd actually need someone to reaffirm your statements? Here's the catch. People know me- and they know that I'm an a%$. They know that I say what comes on top of my head. I'm being honest that way instead of just keeping shut. They already expect this from me. But you, do people really know who you are? And if they do, then why are you stooping down to my level? You did say I was despicable- what all for writing a blog containing my  personal pinion? I'm sorry but do you know what despicable means? LOLs. Who's  despicable- Is it me who was just being true to what I firmly believe in?

    Sorry dude- no offense. It's all in a day's work.  

    And now I can finally go back to my work and lay this issue to rest. People who have jobs know that not everything revolves around Glee. You should too you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment