Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm A Bad Person Because I Hate Glee

Somebody once told me that I'm mean- mainly because I love to dish out dirt and bash people with my opinions. Now that I have publicly and proudly announed that I hate Glee- everybody's been telling me that I'm a bad person. Awwww... shucks! Well, I guess I am bad- and proud of it! Hahahahaha! Come off it people! You guys came unglued again. So what if I hate Glee? I don't mind if you don't like Gossip Girl or if you don't like me at all! If you can prove that Glee deserves high praises from me then prove it. But, as far as I'm concerned and as high were my tastes, Glee is nothing but a embarrassing failure to local TV- like cheap teleseryes and telenovelas your maid, your drivers and all your helpers love to watch!

I know the Gleetards (Glee retards for the uninformed) are chomping at the bit to rip me apart for daring to speak ill of their baby.  Well, come and get me! 

Glee Can't Sing!
If you like Glee then you are probably aware that the characters are ANNOYING and they CAN'T SING! Lea Michele is okay- I'd give her that. But apparently, the same thing can't be said to Cory Monteith, or Charice or whoever else is in the cast. Where did the producers get these people? I know Cory came from Kyle XY but seriously- he has no real talent!

For a show to hinge on two student leads, they have to be pretty dynamic, charismatic characters. Rachel is grating and, at times, insufferable; Finn just seems like he’s constantly stoned.  Schue hands probably 90% of the songs to Finn and/or Rachel to sing, without question, and Finn’s range is questionable, at best.  He can’t really dance that well, and his voice seems thin, flat, and even off pitch at times.  Charice (even though she's a filipina) can't hack it. I find her pieces boring and totally a snooze. Has she ever learned to act by the way? Never saw acting that bad! I googled her name and "bad acting" came out. No surprise there- Glee has no talent!
And let me bring out the two whole episodes they had that focuses entirely on the adult character and ignored the students completely. One train wreck known as “Acafellas.” Answer me this: who really cares about Schue’s crushed dreams?  He should never put his own pathetic childhood fantasies in the way of his students.  When you’re in your thirties and living in small town Ohio, odds are you shouldn’t really be harboring any thoughts of making it big.  Focus on your students and their glee club and not on your pathetic moonlighting existence as a creepy excuse for a lounge singer.  I’m not saying he shouldn’t do what makes him happy, but his hobbies should never come at the expense of the students he promised to lead. As for the other adults, Terri, Emma, and Ken are all just as boring and the writers failed to flesh them out.
I Hate The Glee Club- Don't Yah?


I’m sure most people will counter with me being too sensitive regarding a drama on network TV, but I was appalled at the way the show revealed Terri’s lie to Will.  He had every reason to be upset with her, but this scene bordered on domestic violence, and her eyes seemed to show a significant fear for her own physical safety.  In an earlier episode, the group met their rivals from other schools, including a choir from a school for the deaf.  Near the end, the hearing impaired group tried to sing John Lennon’s “Imagine,” but were quickly outshined and overtaken by their rivals from McKinley.  The show tried to present the scene as a “duet” but it came across more as the New Directions kids (name for a rehab center, much?) pushing the other students out of the spotlight.  Watch that scene and try to listen to the students from the other school: you can barely hear them.  Even worse, when they performed during “Sectionals,” the winter finale of the season, the group was off-screen and mocked by the other characters.  Finally, the writers thought it would be hilarious for the coach of said group to be hearing impaired, as well; the only thing funnier is to have him constantly refer to his hearing deficiency, due to a childhood case of scarlet fever.  Forgive me if I’m not rolling around on the floor.

And if you are wondering why I waste my time blogging about a show that I hate so much- it's because people have judged me prematurely just because I hate Glee. Before you even say Glee is great, and you love Charice- try looking at our side who pukes at this! 22 Nominations for the Grammys eh? Try living the real life people. Glee is nothing than a figment of your uncreative imaginations.

I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment